Monday, December 22, 2008

Inauguration

December 22, 2008. Snowy

Word of the day: Impenitent: Adj Not humble, or forgiving. Not feeling regrets for one's sins.

It's been 2 and a 1/2 years in which I've spent time with what I can only call my second home, Columbia. I had been thinking of taking leave for a while now, but never mustered up the courage to do so until things took a turn for the worst for Wall Street and company. And so, with the state of the market which it is in, and the propsects of an economic downturn the likes of which humanity has never witnessed before, here I sit back at home in the ol' T-dot, with the snow falling gracefully on the carpet of grass outside my window, puttings thought onto digital paper. While it seems like the world is crashing and burning before my eyes, to acknowledge this as God's doing is straight up impenitence. And quite frankly to say, while I'll miss my friends (that is, my family!) back home in Columbia, I am elated, and excited by the prospects of what God has in store for this sad creation of His. 

With that being said, I've decided to keep a diary (bloggary if you will) so I don't forget this "detour" on this so-called road of life. Being an SAT instructor, it's funny to go back and realize exactly how many words students attain and retain in their attempts to encounter such words again come test day for that extra point towards a 2400, and so, I'm going to be taking a walk in their shoes, and keep track of any words that I trip over or simply don't know. Hopefully some of these words are profound enough that I'll be abe to write an entire entry around it, utilizing it as a central theme of some sorts. Or most likely, the words are just funny/interesting/story of my life that serve no grand purpose other than maybe improving your vocabulary as well.

Furthermore, I must admit, some of these critical reading passages are pretty money as well, and are surprisingly interesting if taken as leisurely reading devoid of any test taking stress. If you just want a piece of trivia for your day, keep watch!

Finally, as you all know by now, puzzles are a big time killer, and a semester (and summer break, my God) is A LOT of time to kill. So if you too would like to commit (time)icide, feel free to check out any puzzles I share, and watch as you procrastinate and whittle the minutes, hours, (days?) away.

So do these things make my any cooler? Absolutely not. But take what you will, and remember all, I'll brb! Please pray for me as I try to make sense of this time, and that God will continue to serve as my solution manual to my life and provide me with direction and clarity with whatever grand plans He may have.

And now, I rest.

~Shimmy


No comments:

Post a Comment